In the educational institutions, Red Ribbon Club is conceived of installing among all the students the values of service, developing the healthy life styles and increasing the availability of safe and adequate quantities of blood to all the needy. It was established in 2009 by the students under the guidance of teacher coordinator. It aims at to serve various purposes like awareness against drug abuse, substance abuse, Anti-AIDS campaign, blood donation campaign etc. Another Chief purpose behind establishing RRC is to empowering the youth and their overall development. It focuses primarily on HIV and AIDS awareness amongst youth.
Report of RRC (2018-19)
Red Ribbon Club is a programme initiated by Govt. of India in the college with an objective to spread awareness regarding HIV-AIDS amongst students. Our college has introduced RRR under Haryana AIDS Control Society for making students aware about HIV-AIDS and the safe transfusion of blood. The activities organised under the banner of RRC of our college are as follows:-
1. HIV/AIDS awareness documentary film ‘Teach AIDS’ was shown to the students in the month of August and January in which around 80 and 120 students respectively were present. it was shown on the occasion of International Youth Day on 10th August 2018.
2. A poster making competition was organised on the theme of HIV/AIDS on 11th August 2018 in which 15 students took part. In this competition Twinkle, Mehak, Shivani & Aarti got First, second and third positions respectively.
3. National Toll Free helpline 1097 was also promoted through out the year at different places of college.
4. RRC Incharge Dr. Anshu along with Dr. Priyanka Sahni and four students attended one day training of RRC on the topic HIV/AIDS and voluntary blood donation organised by Haryana AIDS Control Society Panchkula, Haryana held at Govt. P.G College Jind on 9th Jan. 2019. There they were issued certificates.
5. A poster making competition was organised on the theme of Drug addiction, Role of youth in 21th century, Environmental, Pollution etc. in which around 25 students took part in the month of January 2019. In this competition twinkle, Anjali and Puravi got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions respectively.
6. A District Mass Rally was organised for making people aware about HIV/AIDS held in the month of January.
7. Red Ribbon Human Chain was made in the month of January in which 40-50 students were present.
Photo Gallery of Red Ribbon Red Ribbon Images
(Dr. Anshu Sailpar)